If you’re looking for ideas for what to say about your company on LinkedIn, these Company Pages on LinkedIn provide some great examples and tips.
They were originally selected as the 12 best examples in 2012. Check out the links and see how they look now.
They’re a great source of ideas to set up or to improve your page, and should go some way to answer the ‘Why have a LinkedIn Company Page?’ question.
Links to the pages for the winning companies are below the slide presentation, so you can click through and check them directly. There are also tips to help you set up your page, and a link to a Wurlwind Service to help you.
Top LinkedIn Company Pages of 2012
The following company pages represent the best of the best companies within LinkedIn.
Adobe – Software
Aurecon – Management Consultancy
CNBC – Broadcast Media
HireVue – Human Resources
Hubspot – Marketing Software
INSEAD – Higher Education
The IT Media Group – Marketing & Advertising
Magna Powertrain – Automotive
Pacific Dental Services – Healthcare
Tata Consultancy Services – Information Technology
The Walt Disney Company – Media & Broadcasting
Xactly Corporation – Computer Software
There is a good cross-section of B2B and B2C, Large global companies and SME / SMB businesses, and product vs service businesses. Which has given you the best ideas?
Key points for a successful LinkedIn Company Page
Here are eight steps to walk you through a checklist to set up your page.
- Add an image that welcomes visitors to your page and showcases your brand. This image can be anything from a logo or stock photo to a branding masterpiece, depending on your budget and creativity. The ones below have clearly given a lot of thought to this.
- Write a clear description that includes good keywords for what you offer, and who you offer it to, including sector, geography and buying department keywords as appropriate.
- Feature relevant groups to attract a broader audience and extend your reach. You can add 3 groups to the company page, which at the moment adds their logos and stats to the company page sidebar
- Check that you and employees are associated with the company page. Ask your staff members to update their Company details, by selecting your company from the drop-down options.
- Add your products or services so your target audience can learn about what you have to offer. Each product or service page can be a mini-sales page, outlining an aspects of what you offer, from a white-paper or e-book, webinars, services products or solutions.
- Post status updates to start a conversation with your target audience. Including keywords and something to draw people in is one of several ways to build up your Followers.
- Invite people to follow your company, by sending invites online and through other channels.
- Invite customers to recommend your company and products, as Social Proof, and to alert their followers to what you do.
Wurlwind LinkedIn Company Page Set-up Service
To help companies set-up and promote their company pages we offer a service to do the initial work for you.
This is a packaged service to Create and Promote your Company page, so you know what’s included and what the investment is.
Get ahead of your competition, and be found for what you’re best at, as part of your lead generation and sales activity.
Contact Mark Stonham for further details at mark@wurlwind .co.uk