If you’d like to be more organised and productive in your sales activities this Nimble CRM Review could provide the answers you’re looking for.
Most sales tasks and processes in the modern, social selling environment require us to access multiple systems, usually via a web browser.
I know all too well that disconnected systems make this extremely frustrating, with copy and paste being the sticking plaster that patches over the huge cracks.
Consider just some of the tasks that sales people and business owners carry out every day, like:
- reading, researching and replying to emails
- checking Linkedin and maintaining relationships and communications there
- checking Twitter and being conversational
- adding ad-hoc contacts to the CRM
- building a prospect list
- working through the to-do list of sales tasks
- progressing deals in the sales pipeline
Take a look and see how many Browser Tabs you have open right now. I’ll take a stab and say there’s at least SIX.
And below the surface this means your data about customers and communications and activities is in silos, residing in specific applications: in email, calendar, LinkedIn, Twitter, CRM, Google Drive and your list may well go on.
How Sales Productivity can be significantly improved
Here’s an outline of a CRM system I’ve been using for 5+ years to help me manage the selling side of my business.
This Nimble CRM review highlights key features of Nimble that I’m using, and the benefits I’m getting.
In particular I’d like to outline the Nimble Browser widget to you. This brings contact details and the ability to perform key sales tasks right into other applications. Read on as I walk you through a sequence of screens.
The Nimble Browser Widget in action with LinkedIn
Here is a scenario where Nimble provides great support when using LinkedIn.
1. Access Nimble while in a LinkedIn record
Having installed the Nimble Contacts Widget in your Browser (see below), highlight the name of the contact in LinkedIn and Right Click to open the options pop-up and select “A Nimble Search for [Contact Name]”.
2. View the Contact Record from Nimble while still in LinkedIn
If the Contact already has a record in Nimble this will be displayed in the pop-up. If no record is found there are prompts to create a record for that contact while still in the browser pop-up.
3. Perform Sales tasks while in the Browser pop-up
While still in the pop-up you can:
- Send an Email to the contact
- Add a Task
- Add an Event
- Add a Note
- Add a Deal
- Add a Touch Log
- Enter Lead Details
- And MUCH MORE…
This is a serious productivity gain when using LinkedIn for Prospecting and Sales activities.
And the Nimble Contacts Browser Widget works in any browser based application, including Gmail, Email Marketing apps, Hootsuite and many more.
4. Open up the full contact record in Nimble
If there is a need to access the full contact record that is just a click away. The menu options within the record (at the bottom of the display) provide access to Pending and History Activities, Full Contact Info, Social Media, Quick Look-ups (Integration to other Apps) and Attachments (Google Drive or DropBox).
5. Building a Prospect List from a LinkedIn Search
This is where the REAL MAGIC of Nimble comes in.
Having refined a Search Results list in Nimble it’s a simple task to hover over the names of people in the Search Results List and the Nimble Browser Widget will Create a New Record Auto-magically, pre-populated with valuable data from Linkedin, and from other sources. Some manual additions may be required, but this is SO much more productive that creating records manually, or in EXCEL etc.
I use this regularly myself and it takes about 5 minutes to create a prospect list of 20 records this way, instead of say an hour manually, going through different social media, copying and pasting multiple fields across etc.
I hope you are getting a feel for how good the Nimble Contacts Widget is, and the amazing sales productivity achievable with it.
Who should consider Nimble CRM?
Nimble is ideal for people who have contact with prospects and customers in a sales and selling role, such as:
- Self-employed business owners such as consultants,
- Sales professionals and sales teams,
- People struggling to manage multi-channel sales communications
- People wanting a way to increase their relationship selling with more contacts without becoming overwhelmed.
Key areas of sales activity that Nimble CRM supports
- Nimble excels in the One to One sales activity area, typical of larger complex sales
- Nimble also excels in supporting the office based, lead generating, inside-sales person
- Creating a record from an ad-hoc contact, eg. someone from a networking meeting or via LinkedIn
- Adding Tasks and Notes during the course of contact activity during a sales relationship
- Scheduling follow-up calls, meetings, tasks
- Creating pipeline opportunities and managing and progressing them to a sale, and beyond
- Social Media interactions especially via Twitter
Neat things about Nimble CRM
- Auto-discovery of Social Profiles of people
- Integration with multiple systems especially Gmail, Gcal and Twitter
- Trigger event prompts – new in Version 3
- Email Templates we can create and then access easily, personalise and send.
- Email Broadcasts to small lists of contacts
- The App Marketplace which includes an increasing number of third party apps
Related sales apps that Nimble CRM inter-operates with
- The major Social Networks: – LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Google+
- Major Social Selling tools: Hootsuite, Rapportive,
- Email marketing: Hubspot, Mailchimp, Constant Contact, Aweber and many more
- Sales Apps: Quoteroller, Pipelinedeals, RightSignature, ContactMonkey and more
- Interface software: Zapier, Import2,
- There is also a neat way to embed external web pages, which I use to integrate InTouch CRM with Nimble.
Nimble CRM review conclusions
If your contact with customers and prospects is increasingly through Social Media as well as traditional channels (face to face, phone, email etc) then
- Nimble provides a really strong Sales Contact Management, Social Relationship Development and Social Selling solution.
- Nimble is a good benchmark to compare other Social Sales Management systems against.
- Nimble has been architected to be a Social CRM, rather than having Social added to a traditional CRM, which is a significant strength.
- Nimble is a rapidly maturing CRM system and I anticipate new innovations will be delivered regularly.
- Nimble is the creation of Jon Ferrara who created Goldmine 25 years ago. Jon understands the needs of Sales people, and it shows in the Nimble CRM system.
Download the Browser Widget for free from your Browser Store, eg. for CHROME – DOWNLOAD HERE
NB. If you’d like Wurlwind as your Solution Partner then Select us in the Billings section.
Take a trial of Nimble for 14 days and see how you like it[button link=”https://www.nimble.com/register/business_trial/?lead_source=partner&lead_source_id=wurlwind” target=”_blank”>” bg_color=”Orange” align=center]Take Nimble for a Free 14 day trial – starting today[/button]
* Wurlwind is a Nimble Solution Partner.