A Consultant Linkedin Profile is a valuable part of gaining regular assignments and contracts.
As a consultant you could be an expert or specialist in one or many disciplines and contribute to many areas of your clients’ business including as a:
- Business Consultant
- Management Consultant
- Sales Consultant
- Marketing Consultant
- HR Consultant
- IT Consultant
- Finance Consultant
Reputation and word of mouth through an established network is still really important.
But a good LinkedIn Profile will increase visibility and make it easier to be found and to be referred and introduced to opportunities.
LinkedIn is increasingly valuable for helping us and the companies we work for to be successful, not just for when people are looking for new positions.
A Consultant LinkedIn Profile should go well beyond the All Star score that LinkedIn attributes when certain boxes are completed.
In the knowledge economy, as a specialist in your field it’s increasingly important to stay front-of-mind, which is the power of LinkedIn.
The challenge of writing Consultant LinkedIn Profile
Some Management Consultants they don’t necessarily know what they know, or how to convey it through LinkedIn.
- They may not have thought about it and broken it down into constituent parts
- They may assume that their job title is sufficient for others to work out what they do
- They may be too modest to be specific about their strengths and their contribution
- They may not have time or knowledge about LinkedIn to write and to make the appropriate changes to their profile
And for teams and firms of consultants a consistent approach to profiles will be a distinct advantage.
The benefits of a well-written Consultant LinkedIn Profile
Our proven approach to LinkedIn Profile Rewrites for Consultants presents individuals and teams in a very positive way.
- Freelance Consultants will clearly show their specialisation and expertise, with evidence of delivery
- Fee earners will clearly convey their competence as domain specialists and subject matter experts
- Agents and others who place management consultants will find it easier to place those with clear, comprehensive and compelling Linkedin profiles.
When combined with a well-written Company Page for the Consultancy this creates a really powerful message to prospective clients.
The Profile Rewrite Process:
This process has been designed to deliver maximum value and optimise time on both sides:
- We ask you to complete a 1 page A4 background form and send us a copy of a fairly recent start the process
- We’ll then interview you by phone or skype for 30-45 minutes to understand your objectives
- We’ll draft the key sections of Summary and current roles and headline
- Then there’s a review process, conducted by email and tracked document changes
- We the post the changes on your behalf and update the settings etc of your LinkedIn Profile.
We know the process works when we post the changes to profiles on behalf of clients.
The deliverable outcome is an updated and rewritten LinkedIn Profile covering the following element:
- Headline and Summary
- Current Role
- Skills section review
- Contact Details update
- Online support
We aim to optimise both the financial outlay and the time you need to contribute.
- The cost to you is £350 (No VAT is applied)
- The time you contribute is about 2 hours.
Sometimes the hardest part of writing a Linkedin Profile for a Consultant is actually gaining clarity about specialist skills and contribution to clients, and the way to articulate the. That’s where our skills and experience come to the fore.
We have a track record of capturing the essence of what makes professionals valuable to clients and positioning (or re-positioning) them on LinkedIn to make them look really impressive.
Your time as a fee earner is very valuable, so the sooner you have a really impressive LinkedIn Profile the more you’re likely to earn
To get started simply email me, Mark Stonham, if you’d like to improve your profile, or those of your team or company.