For those of us who want to run successful businesses on our own the first step that must be mastered is to “Identify your Identity” – according to Roger Hamilton. And, as the entrepreneur behind Wealth Dynamics, Entrepreneurs Institute and GeniusU.com, and a community of over 500,000 entrepreneurs, he’s is a very good place to […]
Descriptions of Services and Value Propositions with contact details and maybe leading to a Sign-up form
Good CRM support for sales and marketing can increase productivity, lead generation, sales conversions and customer service.
But it is a challenge to find the right system from the thousands available. It takes more time than we imagine to go through the evaluation and selection. And then getting used to a new system, a different way of working, and then taking full advantage of all the functions available, is where good CRM support really makes a difference.
To make it easier for you to make an assessment of one of the leading systems available here is the support we provide for the Nimble CRM system. Our goal is to help you to identify what’s going to increase your sales productivity and effectiveness, to decide whether Nimble is a good fit for your business, and if so then to implement it quickly and start gaining benefits very soon.
We’ve been using Nimble since 2010, from before it was launched. And, to be up-front, we’re also been a reseller for the system since the early days, so we earn a few dollars if you go through and take a licence.
However, with CRM costs being so low, and people taking a DIY approach to implementation, we do need to charge for consultancy, advice and training.
We’ve aligned our support to the three main CRM selection phases and developed and offer support materials and telephone/skype contact to help people like you to reach a good decision, to save time, and then gain benefits quickly to grow your business.
I look forward to the opportunity to support you in future too.
1. Nimble CRM Support for the Consideration phase
If you’re a Consultant, Business Owner, or solopreneur involved with customer and prospect contact then at some stage you’ll benefit from a structured sales process and a CRM system to support that process. Nimble is incredibly good in this solo environment, and also for small teams.
a) Read our Nimble CRM Review here.
It’s a subtle distinction but we see Nimble as very good for sales led activity. Some CRMs are essentially marketing databases with a token sales front-end. Nimble is excellent at supporting sales led activity with sufficient database marketing built behind it.
b) CRM Selection Guidance Calls
If you’d like to have a chat about Nimble, or CRM for small business or Sales Process requirements then book a call with us. Because of the economics of CRM for small business we do need to charge for this.
It’s tempting to be attracted and entranced by ‘shiny objects’, and there are some very attractive point solutions (single task) applications available in the CRM sector. Choosing a solid benchmark system and evaluating others against it saves time and emotion. Nimble CRM is a very capable benchmark that takes some beating.
2. Nimble CRM Support for the 14 day trial phase
If you’ve short-listed Nimble CRM then then next stage is to undertake a more detailed evaluation. There is a 14 day free trial available for this very purpose. Click on the clink below to access the registration page, and this will carry with it our affiliate code.
a) The Nimble Evaluation Guide.
To help you make the most of the trial we’ve prepared a Nimble Evaluation Guide. This provides more information about positioning and functionality and potential show-stoppers to look out for. There is also advice about how to get organised for the evaluation and suggestions for sales processes to consider, in order to gain real benefit from a new CRM, whether that’s Nimble or not.
b) Telephone support for Nimble Evaluation.
If you’d like to have a chat about Nimble, before, during or after the evaluation then book a call below. This is a chargeable support activity.
Perfection comes at a price – in terms of money and time – and with packaged CRMs some compromise is needed to adjust ones business to the software. Being clear about MUST HAVE, NICE TO HAVE and IRRELEVANT is very important when evaluating packages. In business there are advantages of making a good decision and making progress. This particularly applies to CRM systems.
3. Nimble CRM Support for Implementation
If you’ve decided to go ahead and commit to using Nimble CRM then congratulations. Achieving a rapid implementation leads to early benefits realisation and we can help you focus your efforts.
- If you don’t have a CRM already getting started with Nimble is relatively straight forward. The challenge however is to actually use the system rather than the manual processes you currently use.
- If you already have a CRM then migration across, (or co-existing), is needed. We can help you review processes and make recommendations for an approach.
To assist you with implementation we’ve prepared a guide and we can provide telephone support. Nimble themselves are also available to provide support.
a) Nimble CRM Support – Implementation Guide
When implementing a new CRM system there are many things to think about. This guide will help you to identify and prioritise them. In particular it will highlight data structures and codes to set up so that you can make progress with a high degree of confidence that the fundamentals have been set up.
b) Telephone support for Nimble Implementation.
When tackling a new task such as a CRM implementation it’s really reassuring to be able to talk through the plan and have questions answered by an experienced specialist. To facilitate this I’m available for questions on a prearranged basis. Please book an implementation consultation with me below. This is a chargeable service, but it will save to time overall, and help you achieve results quicker.
A capable CRM that is well matched to the sales, marketing and business process is a joy to use. An ill-fitting CRM that is awkward to use will be ignored. It’s also about the journey – and who is leading the CRM development. Jon Ferrara, the CEO of Nimble, is at heart a salesman and a visionary. As sales changes with Social Selling it’s reassuring to have a wise and experienced pilot or captain in charge of the ship.
And I’d be delighted if you’d consider me to be the co-pilot – guiding you through your sales, linkedin, systems and entrepreneurial journey.
Please let me know how best I can help you.
Do you sometimes feel that you need a career change? Or maybe you are part way through the career change planning and research process. These days there’s no such thing as a job for life, and indeed it’s rare for someone to stay in the same career for life. Catalysts for career change are all […]
So much can be achieved on a phone call – so let’s talk.
And to avoid telephone tag or interruptions a convenient way to schedule a call is through an online booking system.
On the panel below you can see when I’m available, so choose a time that suits you and we can use our time wisely.
I’ve set up 1 hour blocks although most calls won’t take that long.
It allows me some turn-around time between calls and contingency so I can start the next call on time.
NB. I use the phrase ‘call’ to cover both a phone call and also a skype call, which is preferable if you’re not in the UK.
What type of call would be most useful to you?
Here are some of the typical calls I have with people …
Short calls – typically 20 minutes – no charge
If we’ve just connected on Linkedin these calls are ideal, so we can gain a quick overview of how we might be able to help each other. Once I know your value, and what you are looking for, I’ll be in a much better position to identify how you can help people in my network, and how they might be able to help you.
LinkedIn Q&A call
Sometimes people are grappling with a particular issue or question about LinkedIn. A phone call with a specialist (like me) is often a quicker way to resolve the issue than searching Google, text chat etc.
Linkedin Profile Review Calls
Many people have found that a quick, impartial review of their profile by an independent specialist is immensely valuable. These calls are a good way for us to have an initial chat, and for you to gain some guidance about areas for improvement in your profile.
Longer calls – typically 50 minutes – fees apply
LinkedIn Profile Rewrite Interviews
If we’ve been in touch about a Profile Rewrite, or if you’d like to go ahead and schedule one, then a 50 minute interview call will enable me to gain a clear understanding of how to position you effectively on LinkedIn to support your objectives and activities.
Examples of profile rewrites for people in various roles, along with testimonials, are outlined here.
If we’ve not been in touch about a rewrite I’ll contact you by email to cover the preliminaries.
Training Calls for LinkedIn
If you’d like a training call (ideally via Skype) please choose a time when we can talk for about 50 minutes.
The various training and consultancy topics are outlined here, if you’ve not come to this page from there.
If we’ve not been in touch about a LinkedIn Training Call I’ll contact you by email to cover the preliminaries.
Consultancy calls for Social Selling and Business Development
If you’d like advice about Business Development, Social Selling or more general B2B Sales and Marketing to help you achieve more in your role as someone who is seen as a Trusted Advisor, please indicate the topic when you book.
Again, it’s helpful if we’ve had an email dialogue to set the agenda for the call so I can really help you in the time available.
Enquiries and other calls
There are many other reasons why you may want to have a chat. So, feel free to book a slot and add a reason and phone number if I don’t already have it.
Other times are available…
If it’s more convenient to talk to me outside of these time slots please send an email to me, at firstname.lastname@example.org, suggesting 2-3 times that suit you best and I’ll get back to you asap.
I look forward to talking with you very soon.
Over the years I have reviewed thousands of LinkedIn profiles and completed scores of LinkedIn profile rewrites for clients.
During this time I’ve identified something that many people aren’t aware of. And it is that ..
Successful people have identified what they are excellent at, and they communicate that expertise to clients.
And one powerful way to do that is through our LinkedIn Profiles.
A professional LinkedIn profile rewrite is a wise investment for experts and specialists for many reasons.
- First Impressions – We only have a matter of seconds to make a first impression. We owe it to ourselves and to our businesses to make the most of the brief opportunity
- Getting Found – Showing up for the right keywords gives more visibility for us (and our company page) when potential buyers search LinkedIn
- Referrals – Being referred to the right people at the right time by our connections can be boosted by a better profile
- Being shortlisted – not being eliminated from the long-list can be improved through better profiles for individuals, and for the senior management team of a business
- Partnerships – other business goals such as partnerships, investment, recruitment and so on can be enhanced through better profiles, especially of the business leader
Our profiles, from the photo, headline and summary, need to work really hard in the following situations:
- when people look at our profile before a phone call or a meeting
- when people look to see who viewed their profile
- when our profile appears in search results (and the right words will make it appear more often)
- when our profile is included in the list of employees of the company or organisation(s) we work for
- when we post status updates and they appear in the home feed of our connections and others
- when we write posts for the LinkedIn Pulse database
- when we appear in the list of ‘profiles other people looked at’
- when we appear in the ‘keep in touch’ reminders
Our LinkedIn Profile is the foundation for our online presence, our digital footprint, our online personal brand and professional presence.
When did you last update your profile?
And have you ever gone through a complete LinkedIn profile rewrite?
Take a look at the tips, advice and examples below to see how your profile could have much greater impact.Or click here to send me an email if you’d like to know more or to discuss next steps.
Creating powerful LinkedIn Profiles
LinkedIn is not just a place for job-seekers and recruiters.
It’s an online network that people in the B2B market can use to find new clients and grow their businesses.
- It’s surprising how many senior people still have a CV style profile, which people might take as a sign they are looking for a job.
- Even more surprising are the number of skeleton profiles of business leaders and senior managers. What impression does that give out? Would you turn up for a meeting looking dishevelled and unprepared? And what example or leadership does that set for people in their department?
Another observation is that different people have different roles, different objectives, and different audiences and communities that they work with.
Therefore it’s logical that their LinkedIn profiles need to serve different purposes, to resonate with different audiences, and meet different objectives.
Would you be impressed by the following LinkedIn Profiles?
Here are some examples of those differences. Take a look at some actual profiles via the links in the testimonials on the following pages.
- A Consultant (Business Consultant, Management Consultant, Sales Consultant, IT Consultant, HR Consultant etc.) who had a clear specialisation of working with organisations of a particular type and helping them to improve their business performance in some particular way, to identify the starting point, the destination and have a methodology for the transition, and social proof through testimonials, articles, associations, peer approval etc. If that capability matched your requirements wouldn’t you want to meet them?
- A Business Leader (Chairman, CEO, MD, Business Owner) who has a clear vision and mission for their business, one that spoke to prospects and customers, staff and recruits, suppliers and sales channel partners, investors and the press etc. One that supported the efforts of the sales and marketing team, customer services, production and development and more. Maybe one that highlighted growth and partnering opportunities. And one that inspired confidence in the likelihood that it would deliver, based on a track record of success. If the journey that the business is on was clear, and aligned with your aspirations, wouldn’t you want to know more?
- A Sales Leader (Sales Director, Sales Manager, Business Development, New Business Sales) who is clearly customer focused, plugged into the customers’ market, connected with decision-maker peers, aware of market trends and issues, and with a track record of heading up value delivery to clients, not just making quota. Wouldn’t you want to find out how you, your department and your company could benefit, reassured by the value you’d expect to get from a conversation, and confident that you could probably refer them to colleagues or clients.
- A Business Professional (such as Heads of delivery departments, project managers, consultants, fee earners, sales account managers etc.) who was clearly aware of their role and contribution to value delivery to clients, had clear expertise in one or more areas, and evidence of skills development and progression. And more so, would you feel reassured to see a team of specialists who worked together, as part of considering whether to short-list a potential supplier, or recommend them to your colleagues, or your clients.
- And the LinkedIn Company Page that represents the business vision and ties together the profiles of the key individuals and staff. A powerful image and well crafted description to engage with prospects and customers, recruits and other interested parties creates a really positive tone. It can also support staff endeavours online, as the company page can make a major contribution to the way businesses are perceived, and the actions that visitors take.
This is what the Wurlwind LinkedIn Profile Rewrite service delivers – profiles that create a very positive first impression.Click here to send me an email if you’d like to know more or to discuss next steps.
Three key objectives for a LinkedIn Profile Rewrite
If you accept the importance of moving beyond a skeleton or a CV profile then these THREE objectives become clearer.
And by the way, this goes way beyond the LinkedIn prompts that get you to 100% and they only cover the foundations.
1. The 180 degree switch – from About Me to About You!
This is fundamental for an effective LinkedIn profile for someone in post or running a business and looking for greater success in that role.
- A recruiter has a brief for a role they are recruiting for, and they can match and score a CV against that.
- A potential customer has a business need, a challenge, a problem to overcome or an opportunity or aspiration to move towards.
- And some potential customers need to have their eyes opened to the needs or opportunities they don’t yet recognise.
Therefore the first challenge for a LinkedIn Profile Rewrite is to make the switch from About Me to About You.
2. Supporting the Know, Like and Trust journey
Trust is pretty important in business and especially in business development, in sales, in partnerships, in recommending and leading change etc.
And although trust will depend on many things there is the potential to be eliminated early on if a competitor has a stronger set of credentials.
Trust is also fairly granular and specific. Beyond the basics like honesty, integrity, keeping confidences and similar there is another level.
This can be conveyed in the expression of being a ‘go-to’ person. Who do people go-to for financial advice, for marketing ideas, for connections, for negotiating a deal, to design systems and so on.
The second objective of the LinkedIn Profile Rewrite is to identify the right area of trust and then to portray that trust.
3. To set up an appropriate response for the reader to take
It would be a shame if, after all the preparation, the reader was left to make their own mind up about whether to take action, and if so what, don’t you think.
If we want someone to do something isn’t it far more effective if we specifically ask them, and their only options really are Yes, or No.
Of course we’ve added our email address and / or phone number to the profile or page, and maybe our Twitter handle too.
But at the end of the Summary, and maybe in the Advice for Contacting section, include a clear and compelling call to action (CTA).
Maybe that’s asking for certain people to connect, or for referrals to particular people, of for a business leader to sign-post people in the company to be contacted for different matters.
LinkedIn Profile Rewrite benefits
Business success increasingly depends not just on being visible but moving people through the know, like and trust sequence in ways the buyers prefer.
- People are finding that with progressive visibility and a positive profile come progressive benefits.
- The innovators have grasped the potential of the Internet and LinkedIn very quickly, and are forging ahead in their respective markets.
- Our clients say they feel much more confident as a result of having a very professional, purposeful profile created for them.
- With our support they are dressed for success online.
Profiles of each person, each company and the key people in management and sales deserve to present a credible and joined up message.
After all, our website, premises, exhibition attendance, marketing and lead generation campaigns and many other expenses could be let down by a poor impression on LinkedIn.To discuss the benefits you’d like to achieve click here to send me an email.
What triggers people to get a LinkedIn Profile rewrite?
There are several recurring events or business circumstances when people seek help with a profile rewrite including:
- undertaking a business review and sharpening focus in either the same or a different direction
- attending an event or conference where there will be a lot of visibility of the LinkedIn profile
- undergoing a rebrand with potentially a new website and wanting that to flow through, or to be guided by, the LinkedIn profile(s)
- stepping out of a role as an employee (either voluntarily or not) or the armed services and wanting to research or pursue a new direction
- undertaking a business or sales team shake-up and wanting to present a clearer and more consistent message to the market
And quite often people make the change having been referred to me by a previous client, often as a result of seeing their profile and the conversation that follows.
Would you like more guidance and help with your LinkedIn Profile Rewrite?
Congratulations if you are still reading. I guess you’re pretty serious about improving your LinkedIn Profile.
You might also be feeling a little daunted or maybe overwhelmed.
But also, wouldn’t it be a shame if in say 3 months you were still feeling you REALLY ought to tackle your LinkedIn Profile.
Imagine instead if you acted now and within 2-4 weeks you and maybe your business and colleagues had a much more professional image on LinkedIn.
Would that make you feel a lot better?
Especially to experience the clarity and confidence that comes from the repositioning that I help people to develop, their purpose, their golden thread, or similar.
This isn’t a high pressure sell but if you would like to discuss LinkedIn profile improvements and see if a LinkedIn Profile Rewrite is right for you and your business click the button below…If you’ve read this far why not get in touch today. CLICK HERE to send me an email and let’s have a chat very soon.
A Consultant Linkedin Profile is a valuable part of gaining regular assignments and contracts.
As a consultant you could be an expert or specialist in one or many disciplines and contribute to many areas of your clients’ business including as a:
- Business Consultant
- Management Consultant
- Sales Consultant
- Marketing Consultant
- HR Consultant
- IT Consultant
- Finance Consultant
Reputation and word of mouth through an established network is still really important.
But a good LinkedIn Profile will increase visibility and make it easier to be found and to be referred and introduced to opportunities.
LinkedIn is increasingly valuable for helping us and the companies we work for to be successful, not just for when people are looking for new positions.
A Consultant LinkedIn Profile should go well beyond the All Star score that LinkedIn attributes when certain boxes are completed.
In the knowledge economy, as a specialist in your field it’s increasingly important to stay front-of-mind, which is the power of LinkedIn.
The challenge of writing Consultant LinkedIn Profile
Some Management Consultants they don’t necessarily know what they know, or how to convey it through LinkedIn.
- They may not have thought about it and broken it down into constituent parts
- They may assume that their job title is sufficient for others to work out what they do
- They may be too modest to be specific about their strengths and their contribution
- They may not have time or knowledge about LinkedIn to write and to make the appropriate changes to their profile
And for teams and firms of consultants a consistent approach to profiles will be a distinct advantage.
The benefits of a well-written Consultant LinkedIn Profile
Our proven approach to LinkedIn Profile Rewrites for Consultants presents individuals and teams in a very positive way.
- Freelance Consultants will clearly show their specialisation and expertise, with evidence of delivery
- Fee earners will clearly convey their competence as domain specialists and subject matter experts
- Agents and others who place management consultants will find it easier to place those with clear, comprehensive and compelling Linkedin profiles.
When combined with a well-written Company Page for the Consultancy this creates a really powerful message to prospective clients.
The Profile Rewrite Process:
This process has been designed to deliver maximum value and optimise time on both sides:
- We ask you to complete a 1 page A4 background form and send us a copy of a fairly recent start the process
- We’ll then interview you by phone or skype for 30-45 minutes to understand your objectives
- We’ll draft the key sections of Summary and current roles and headline
- Then there’s a review process, conducted by email and tracked document changes
- We the post the changes on your behalf and update the settings etc of your LinkedIn Profile.
We know the process works when we post the changes to profiles on behalf of clients.
The deliverable outcome is an updated and rewritten LinkedIn Profile covering the following element:
- Headline and Summary
- Current Role
- Skills section review
- Contact Details update
- Online support
We aim to optimise both the financial outlay and the time you need to contribute.
- The cost to you is £350 (No VAT is applied)
- The time you contribute is about 2 hours.
Sometimes the hardest part of writing a Linkedin Profile for a Consultant is actually gaining clarity about specialist skills and contribution to clients, and the way to articulate the. That’s where our skills and experience come to the fore.
We have a track record of capturing the essence of what makes professionals valuable to clients and positioning (or re-positioning) them on LinkedIn to make them look really impressive.
Your time as a fee earner is very valuable, so the sooner you have a really impressive LinkedIn Profile the more you’re likely to earn
To get started simply email me, Mark Stonham, if you’d like to improve your profile, or those of your team or company.
It’s not easy to create a good profile on LinkedIn, so congratulations on making the progress you have.
Now you’ve invested time to develop your LinkedIn profile it can be valuable to have an experienced independent review.
This is much more than a proof-reading service.
- assess how you are positioning yourself and how you come across to your intended / target reader, especially if you are a business leader, sales leader or senior professional.
- identify ways it could be strengthened to achieve the goals you have for your profile and LinkedIn.
- identify sections and features you may have missed, and any recent LinkedIn features you weren’t aware of.
- look for any phrasing and tone that could be tightened to resonate with your audience.
- review the keyword emphasis to improve the way your profile is found within LinkedIn.
- consider many other aspects too.
See what our customers are saying:Book your LinkedIn Profile Review Call now
Various people have kindly provided LinkedIn Training Video Testimonials for the LinkedIn Masterclass courses delivered by Mark Stonham and Wurlwind. Here are a selection of the video testimonials. There are Written Testimonials to view here too. Gain clarity about how to grow your business using LinkedIn with our new LinkedIn Training over Skype. Customer feedback […]
For smaller businesses it might be rather like the advert in the Yellow Pages – create it and (almost) forget about it.
Except that once it’s set up it’s essentially no further cost, unlike Yellow Pages or other Advertising Costs.
- It’s a way to Showcase your business and be found for keywords
And it’s one of many ways to generate inquiries through LinkedIn
For medium sized businesses with several employees there are several benefits:
- It’s a great way to showcase your team and their combined strength
- Share content from your business that Page Followers can see to increase engagement
- Share content that can be found by others to increase the likelihood of inquiries
- Share content that can be Shared by staff, customers and others, to increase your visibility to new audiences.
For larger businesses with more resources can develop the LinkedIn Company page into the heart of their Customer Community, to increase loyalty, encourage advocacy, and attract new inquiries.
LinkedIn Company Page Service Package from Wurlwind
The service package we offer to set up a LinkedIn company page covers:
- Create the LinkedIn Company Page in Your Company name
- Write your Company Overview using keywords researched for your business.
- Add graphics supplied by you (we’ll supply the specifications)
- Advice on how to associate staff with the profile
- Advice on how to generate followers
- Advice on posting Status Updates to the page.
The cost of the service varies, depending essentially on how many stakeholders are involved eg:
The guideline cost of the service is £249
- For sole proprietors there may be scope to reduce the cost.
- For medium and larger businesses there may be additional work, and costs, involved.
When you’ve spent hundreds or thousands of pounds on your Website, don’t underestimate the potential of your LinkedIn Company Page.
Having, and developing, the Page within the LinkedIn Community can pay huge dividends.
If you’d like to discuss how a LinkedIn Company Page could benefit your business, or if you have a page already but it’s in need of a refresh and a new strategy, please contact me, Mark Stonham, by email here.